The Center for Family Development offers free voluntary home visitation services to parents who are expecting or who have newborns under the age of three months.
Did you know that?
- Babies begin learning at birth—and the first three years are the most critical to their future learning.
- Parents need the most current information on how babies grow and develop.
- The first years of life are also when children learn to trust and develop attachments.
- Early parent-child contact sets the stage for all the relationships a child will have.
Parenting is the most difficult and important job anyone will ever have. Our program provides expectant and new parents with support and assistance to foster a safe and nurturing environment for their children. We offer:
- Help with relieving the stress that a new baby brings.
- Information on infant care, health care, nutrition, and safety.
- Information about childhood growth and development.
- Educational materials to help with parenting skills and tools to strengthen family life.
- Linkage to other resources families may need.
- Help so families can identify their strengths and set future goals.
- Identify families in need of support
- Promote nurturing parent-child relationships
- Promote healthy childhood growth and development
- Strengthen family systems
- Strengthen community and military support systems
- Help families feel more empowered
Healthy Families is now available to qualifying families in 12 Tennessee counties!
To Send a Referral:
Please fill out the referral form and fax it to the appropriate office:
Bedford, Franklin, Marshall, Moore, and Lincoln County: (931)-684-5140
Cheatham, Houston, Montgomery, Robertson, Stewart, Sumner, and Trousdale County: (931)-645-3934
Who to contact for more information or about a specific referral?
Bedford, Marshall, and Moore County: (931)-684-4676
Franklin and Lincoln County: (931)-684-4676
Cheatham, Houston, and Stewart County: Hannah Cowan at (615)-957-2598
Robertson, Sumner, and Trousdale County: Maleny Del Angel at (931)-580-1220
Montgomery County: Michelle Farner at (931)-651-0381